Psychedelic Salary Guide 2022
A word from Meta Talent Group
MTG provides executive search and recruitment services for growing companies and purpose-driven individuals seeking to improve the world socially and environmentally in cannabis, hemp, and psychedelics.
- FDA-approved anesthetic since 1970
- Only available and legal psychedelic that is available for “off-label” prescriptions by licensed clinicians
- MDMA (Ecstasy/Molly; 3,4-methylenedioxy-methamphetamine)
- Granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation in 2017
- Currently in Phase 3 FDA Clinical Trials sponsored by MAPS to study the effects on PTSD
- Psilocybin (Magic Mushrooms)
- Currently in Phase 2 FDA Clinical Trials sponsored by Imperial College London to study the effects on MDD (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Currently in Phase 1/2A FDA Clinical Trials sponsored by DemeRx & Atai Life Sciences to study the effects on opioid addictions
- Currently in Phase 1/2A FDA Clinical Trials sponsored by Small Pharma to study the effects on MDD (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Other Psychedelic Compounds:
- LSD – Lysergic Acid Diethylamide
- Mescaline – Peyote and San Pedro cacti
- 5-MeO-DMT – psychedelic toxin produced by the Sonoran Desert Frog (Colorado River Toad)
Breakthrough Therapy Designation:
- A process designed to expedite the development and review of drugs that are intended to treat a serious condition.
- Preliminary clinical evidence indicates that the drug may demonstrate substantial improvement over available therapy on a clinically significant endpoint(s).
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Other forms of trauma
United States (Yahoo):
- Denver (CO)
- The first US jurisdiction to reduce pentalties on psilocybin mushrooms in May 2019
- Decriminalized all psychedelics in November 2020
- Washington DC
- Decriminalized psychedelic plants and fungi in November 2020
- Santa Cruz & Oakland (CA)
- Decriminalized the use and possession of entheogenic plants and fungi
- Somerville, Cambridge & Northampton (MA)
- Decriminalized the use and possession of entheogenic plants
- Ann Arbor (MI)
- The only city in the Midwest where cultivating, purchasing, transporting, distributing, or possessing natural psychedelics is not criminalized
- All psychedelics are controlled substances under the Controlled Drugs & Substances Act (McMillan)
- MDMA and Ketamine are both Schedule 1 substances
- Most other psychedelics including LSD, psilocybin, DMT and mescaline are Schedule 3 substances
- Health Canada is now allowing physicians to request access to restricted drugs on behalf of patients through the Special Access Program, including psilocybin and MDMA, among others
- The Special Access Program (SAP) allows healthcare practitioners to access drugs that have shown promise in clinical trials, or are approved in other countries.
Salary Guide Review
The salaries presented in this guide are based on 500+ data points compiled from 2021 sources including:
- Private and public company job boards
- Meta Talent Group’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Public job boards (LinkedIn & Indeed)
- Salary information extracted from candidate interviews
- Searches with our partners
LOW: 10% of the industry workforce are paid below this figure
AVERAGE: This represents the industry average
HIGH: 10% of the industry workforce are paid above this figure
Salaries may be affected by other factors including, but not limited to:
- Company Size
- Education & Certifications
- Equity or Profit Sharing
- Specialized Skill-Sets
Accounting / finance & Legal
ADMIN & HR & COMPLIANCE
Clinical & Laboratory
Marketing & Ops &Sales
Brief Job Descriptions
Supports an organization or department by performing administrative services. Requires at least a high school diploma with 1-2 years of experience preferred.
Director of Talent
Develops, implements and manages a recruiting strategy aimed at attracting the top talent across the globe. Requires a bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience.
Aids executive(s) in staff capacity by handling a wide variety of situations involving the admin functions of the office that cannot be brought to the attention of the executive. Gatekeeper to the C-Suite team. Requires an associate’s degree or its equivalent with 3+ years of experience.
Head of Finance
Be a strategic business partner to the CEO. Own, build and scale FP&A, accounting, AR/AP, and the treasury functions. Requires a bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience.
Human Resources Manager
Analyzes HR data and carries out responsibilities in staffing, employee relations, training compensation, employment, labor relations, safety, affirmative action, employment equity programs, etc. Requires a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience.
Manages the promotion and direction of the marketing or service activities, improvement of company’s product image, market data and information. Requires a bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience.
Assess clients to determine appropriateness for treatment. Develop and implement a psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy treatment plan. Requires a master’s degree with 2+ years of clinical experience.
Recruits, interviews, checks references, makes offers and conducts orientation for new employees. Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and 1-3 years of experience.
Social Media Coordinator
Create content for social media and manage all social channels. Create, implement, and improve marketing channels. Requires a bachelor’s degree with little to no experience as this is an entry-level position.
META TALENT IN REVIEW
META TALENT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
A national internship program for the nascent industries of cannabis, hemp & psychedelics.
The program was launched in 2020 to help bridge the entry-level employment gap that currently exists.
The program is designed to connect students from accredited universities with forward-thinking companies that place a high value on their employees and retention rates.
The candidate has an opportunity to work in a nascent, alternative industry to help determine if the fast-paced environment is right for them.
The company receives access to pre-screened internship candidates and has the opportunity to “try before you buy” in terms of working with the candidate before hiring them full-time, increasing overall retention rates.
MTG builds a pool of internship and entry-level candidates with industry experience.